Episode 4: Conversations over Milk & Cookies - Leisl Kaberry

Welcome to Episode 4 of Conversations over Milk & Cookies hosted by Kindle Ninja.

What is this madness, you ask? 

It's my way of supporting authors and writers from the Rave Reviews Book Club. For the entire month of April, I will be featuring the fine women and men that make up the Board of RRBC. 

We interact with them everyday, directly through tweets, or indirectly through re-tweets, but we don't really know much about them. Their personalities really don't shine through in tweets and re-tweets.

In Episode 1, We see the silly side of RRBC Secretary MARLENA HAND (@mlh42812). 

In Episode 2, RRBC Spotlight and Incentives Coordinator TERI GARRINGER (@TeriGarringer) bares her funny side in 26 Questions.

In Episode 3, RRBC Membership Director KATHRYN TREAT (@KathrynCTreat) lets her hair down and plays the game of 24 Questions.

For Episode 4, RRBC Hospitality Director LEISL KABERRY (@Lawfabex) takes a 10-min break from writing to answer strange questions.

UPDATE June 4, 2014: Leisl no longer serves as Board member but remains a member of the club. See Board Members here

You can drop by her website here or say Hi on Facebook.





Let's get to know Liesl in more than 140 characters, shall we?

* * * 
+No ninjas were hurt in making this episode.


KINDLE NINJA (KN):  Welcome to Conversations over Milk and Cookies. How do you like your cookies? Chewy? Crunchy? Crumbly? Something else?
I love a good chewy cookie. Any flavour will do, except peanut butter… I do not like peanut butter! Bleh.


Do you put **Vegemite on your cookies?
Hahaha no, not on my cookies, on a good dry cracker though mmm.

Kindle Ninja: **It's an Aussie thing.


What’s the hardest part of being the Rave Reviews Book Club Hospitality Director?
Finding time to do it, which is usually giving up writing time… that can be hard sometimes. 


Your dog Rocky is adorable. Has he ever eaten your manuscript?
Haha, no, he’s a good dog and he’s old, he doesn’t care for manuscripts anymore. The only thing he chews is this big ‘ol stuffed bear… but he doesn’t just chew it … *raise of eyebrows


I’ve been called a “dag” by an ex. Is that good or bad?
Its not the worst word to be called… but It depends on the way it is said. I call people a dag all the time, I mean it affectionately though… it is usually in reference to something silly they might have done. But it can also mean that someone thinks you’re uncool.

Kindle Ninja: dag!

I saw you standing next to a Delorean time machine. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I would go back to the days of Camelot, the knights of the round table and King Arthur (given that any of it is actually true) I’d love to see the way people lived back then and experience what it was like to live and work in an old castle.


Your book, Titanian Chronicles has a theme song (Setting Sun by Eskimo Joe), now, if your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Dave Matthews Band - Funny the way it is.


And who would you sing it with?
Dave Matthews

Can you hum a tune for me? 
Sure I can, I’m humming my theme song to you right now.

Kindle Ninja: That’s nice humming.

 If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Actually I have two. A butterfly on my shoulder and a rose on my ankle. If I was to get a third (which I’m not) it would be on my wrist.


 What would you rather be doing now? (instead of answering these questions).
Snowboarding… or writing.

I’d assume I’m the person you’d want to drink Milk with (since you agreed to this interview), but who’s the person you’d want to have coffee with?
Well I don’t drink coffee but I’d love to go a hot chocolate with Eddie Vedder.


How do you like your coffee?
Once upon a time, when I did drink coffee, my favourite way was iced with cream and ice cream.

How do you feel about doughnuts without holes?
I LOVE doughnuts without holes… more doughnut to eat!

Was the question above strange?
I love strange questions.


What’s the best way to decompress?
The only way I can actually make myself switch off from everything else is by going in the hot tub… where I can’t take laptop, ipad or even a paperback book because of the steam, bubbles and oh yeah… water. I soak in the tub and listen to my fave music and sing along to my hearts content.

Also yoga… but its more effort.

If you had superpowers, what would it be?
Invisibility for sure. I’d love to be able to go invisible and walk into places that I have no business being. Find out what really goes on behind closed doors.

 What’s the book you wished you’d written?
Stardust by Neil Gaiman, I just love that story, it has every element a good fantasy should.

Celebrity you want to have dinner with?
Drew Barrymore. I think she’s quirky and fun.


And what would you eat?
Salt and pepper squid.

What’s the book that positively shaped you?
Dr Seuss’s Oh the Places you’ll Go!

  
 On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you about life right now?
10 … I love life, doesn’t always go my way but while I’m breathing there’s still hope!


Kylie Minogue or Danni Minogue?
Definitely Kylie… since I was about 8 years old, it has been Kylie.

Nicholas Sparks or Dan Brown?
Dan Brown, he is one of my all time Faves.

 J.K. Rowling or Stephenie Meyer?
J.K. Rowling… I aspire to be like her… in my dreams!


Lastly:  Ninjas or Giant spiders?
Ninjas for sure… I hate spiders… especially giant ones!


Thanks for your time. Hope you enjoyed the Q&A.
Thanks Kindle Ninja… I really had fun!




Popular posts from this blog

Episode 24 Conversations over Milk & Cookies - Effrosyni Moschoudi

FOLLOW ME: When Twitter Kills

Episode 23 Conversations over Milk & Cookies - Stevie Turner

Clearing the TBR Pile - Reviews This Week!

Reading Funk and Adventures in Beta Reading