Conversations over Milk & Cookies: Episode 1 - Marlena Hand

Welcome to Episode 1 of Conversations over Milk & Cookies hosted by Kindle Ninja.


What is this madness, you ask? 

It's my way of supporting authors and writers from the Rave Reviews Book Club. For the entire month of April, I will be featuring the fine women and men that make up the Board of RRBC. 

We interact with them everyday, directly through tweets, or indirectly through re-tweets, but we don't really know much about them. Their personalities really don't shine as much in tweets and re-tweets.

For Episode 1, I managed to stalk follow RRBC Secretary Marlena Hand (@mlh42812) and convinced her to do a Q&A. She agreed without a fight.


Let's get to know Marlena in more than 140 characters, shall we?

* * * 
+No ninjas were hurt in making this episode.


KINDLE NINJA (KN):  Welcome to Conversations over Milk and Cookies. How do you like your cookies? Chewy? Crunchy? Crumbly? Something else?
Chewy, fresh from the oven & filled with chocolate!

Are you the type to dunk Oreos in a glass of milk?
Of course! Doesn’t everyone do this?

If yes to #2, do you drink the milk even with cookie residue at the bottom?
I can’t bring myself to do this. I see it as just plain wrong.

What’s the hardest part of being the Rave Reviews Book Club Secretary?
There isn’t a hard part! It’s the greatest, most rewarding position and I love every minute!

 I’ve read about your “ghostly” encounter in your blog. Would you rather be the “scarer” or the “scaree”?
The scrarer, of course! Scaring people CAN be fun, which is why I love Halloween!!

You’ve talked about your dog Harli in your blog. Has Harli ever eaten your manuscript or draft?
She has not. But she does like to eat everything, so if she had the opportunity, I’m sure she would.

You seem to like music. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
Oh, goodness! That’s such a tough question. Music is a huge part of my life. One song just wouldn’t be enough. But if I HAVE to choose one, the first that pops into my head is Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey.

And who would you sing a duet with?
Another tough question! I refuse to name one person, so I’ll name a few people I admire, both past & present……Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Aerosmith, Mandy Moore, Maroon 5……Yeah, that’s impossible to narrow down. I could think of probably 10 more just off the top of my head!

Can you hum a tune for me?
I don’t hum. I’m one of those people that will randomly start singing without any warning.

If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I actually have plans to get one soon. On the back of my shoulder.

What would you rather be doing now? (instead of answering these questions).
I’m rather enjoying this interview. These are awesome questions!

I’d assume I’m the person you’d want to drink Milk with (since you agreed to this interview), but who’s the person you’d want to have coffee with?
Of course, I’d want to drink milk with you. As long as you have cookies!!
If I could go back in time, I would love to sit with Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn. Ladies, like these talented jewels from the past, fascinate me.

How do you like your coffee?
Sweetened with lots of milk & sugar.

How do you feel about doughnuts without holes?
Wait, what happened to the cookies?? If we get to choose here, I choose ice cream. Only ice cream. Well, and maybe cake.

 Was question #14 strange?
No more unusual than some of these other questions, all of which I have enjoyed.

 What’s the best way to decompress?
I write…a lot. Sometimes, I’ll play my keyboard. I find both rather relaxing.

 If you had superpowers, what would it be?
Hmm…flying, I suppose. That could be fun. It would make travelling much easier!

 What’s the book you wished you’d written?
I’d be happy if I could just get my first novel written!! I do like Pride & Prejudice, though. Such a classic!!

 Celebrity you want to have dinner with?
This would be another long list……I like Anna Kendrick. I’m a fan of the movie Pitch Perfect. Oh, or maybe Bradley Cooper or Adam Sandler…
Okay, I’ll just stop.

 And what would you eat?
Honestly, I probably wouldn’t be able to. Mostly from nerves! But also because I would be asking LOTS of questions. The filming industry intrigues me.

 What’s the book that positively shaped you?
This is impossible for me to answer. I have read so many wonderful books. I adore ones with hope and encouragement and love, the ones that have good lessons that anyone could genuinely appreciate.
Over the last two years (I think), I’ve began reading more Indie books. These have been equally inspiring, if not more. And since joining Rave Reviews, that inspiration has been taken up another notch. I aim to FINALLY finish my first novel before the year’s end. 


On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you about life right now?
10. Definitely!

Coke or Pepsi?
Mt. Dew. Although, I try to drink mostly water now.

Nicholas Sparks or Dan Brown?
Nicholas Sparks

 J.K. Rowling or Stephenie Meyer?
Both!

Lastly:  Ninjas or Vampires?
Ninjas, of course!

Thanks for your time. Hope you enjoyed the Q&A.
Thank you so much!! This was quite the delightful little interview. I enjoyed it very much. 

***

 You can learn more about what Marlena is busy with by visiting her blog, Life As I Know It.

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 23 Conversations over Milk & Cookies - Stevie Turner

Episode 17 Conversations over Milk & Cookies - PS Bartlett

10 Reasons Why You Should Read “The Girl Who Walked in the Shadows"

Episode 25 Conversations over Milk & Cookies - Jane Yates

KINDLE NINJA: TWO REVIEWERS, ONE BOOK - Between Octobers by A.R. Rivera